It is now cliché to say that these are uncertain times for the American political and cultural landscape. We are simply too far from July to have any sense of the consequences of the recent executive order-travel ban, the Court’s suspension of it, or any subsequent developments, for our IIEMCA meeting in Ohio. We thank everyone in advance for your patience. We will continue to stay apprised of relevant developments and update our information as warranted.
For now, we express our solidarity with those who stand in harm’s way and affirm that scholarship, like humanity, has no borders. Contact us with questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org . We are committed to ensuring the fullest possible participation for all this July.
IIEMCA Board and 2017 Organizing Committee
Conference Registration Costs
All prices listed in US Dollars
Early Registration Cost: (February 15, 2017 – April 30, 2017)
Regular (Non-Student) Rate: $315.00
Student Rate: $250.00
Regular Registration Cost: (May 1, 2017 – June 30, 2017)
Regular (Non-Student) Rate: $375.00
Student Rate: $290.00
Late Registration Cost: (July 1, 2017 – July 13, 2017)
Non-Student Rate: $425.00
Student Rate: $310.00
Registration cost includes breakfast and lunch on all conference days (July 10-13), morning and afternoon breaks, two receptions, and all conference materials. On-campus lodging is a separate expense and can be added in the “additional items” section of the Registration Form. Dinners are not included in the registration cost. The IIEMCA Conference Banquet will take place on Wednesday, July 12, and tickets for conference participants and guests can be purchased separately.
Held on the evening of Wednesday, July 12, 2017 in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Transportation to banquet will be provided. Banquet details can be found here.
- $90.00 per attendee. Each banquet attendee must have purchased ticket (including guests).
On-campus housing will be available the evenings of July 9 – July 13, 2017 in one of Otterbein University’s residence halls. Occupancy will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please visit the Lodging page for additional information and costs.
Off campus lodging is available at several area hotels. These lodging arrangements and transportation to/from the conference are the responsibility of the attendee. Information on off-campus options are also available under on the Lodging page.
A “guest” is defined as a paid conference attendee’s significant other or spouse (a non-conference attendee). If you plan on bringing a guest, they will be able to participate in the conference-related activities listed below with a “Guest Registration” (found in the “additional items” section of the registration) for a cost of $100.00.
- Breakfast and Lunch on Conference days (July 10-13)
- Morning and afternoon breaks
Guests can also participate in the following activities, with an additional paid registration (located in the “additional items” section of the registration form):
- On-Campus Lodging – please select the appropriate housing selection for you and your guest (either a Shared Room or Private Room).
- Banquet Dinner – each banquet attendee must have a paid ticket
Terms of Registration:
- All persons attending the conference are required to register as conference participants.
- Credit card payment can be made via the online registration form. Payment by check is also accepted. Please see the FAQ’s page for instruction on paying by check. A discounted Early Registration is available through April 30, 2017.
- General registration cancellation less a $25.00 administration fee will be accepted until April 30, 207. A refund of 50% will be given if registration is cancelled between May 1, 2017 – July 1, 2017. Cancellations after July 2, 2017 or no-shows are responsible for payment in full.
- Payment for on-campus housing will be due at the time of conference registration and is non-refundable after May 1st, 2017.
- A reduced conference rate is available for Students.